[TIP] mocking a file in /proc

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu May 11 14:13:36 PDT 2017

Gregory Salvan <apieum at gmail.com> writes:

> if you have to use utils like effect or write integration tests to
> interact with externals systems, you've got a problem of design in
> your code.

MAybe so, maybe not.

In either case, addressing that problem *still* requires that we write
good test cases. Those test cases need to present test doubles for the
costly and/or non-deterministic external dependencies.

So use of test doubles is a good practice.

--
 \     “Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands |
  `\                                             it.” —Albert Einstein |