[TIP] mocking a file in /proc

Gregory Salvan apieum at gmail.com
Tue May 9 06:31:25 PDT 2017

I'm not advocating against functionnal tests in my answer, but if you want
my opinion about them it's best explained here:
http://blog.thecodewhisperer.com/permalink/integrated-tests-are-a-scam

Then I've answered for TDD and BDD and not for real live system, the
purpose is different. By the way if you have cases where it's relevant to
test open() in real live system, I'm curious.
Once you've tested open() is called correctly (by injecting a mock of
open()) what's the point to test if it works in a real live system
otherwise testing if open() implementation works correctly?