[TIP] mocking a file in /proc

Matt Wheeler m at funkyhat.org
Tue May 9 05:31:52 PDT 2017

On Tue, 9 May 2017, 11:50 Gregory Salvan, <apieum at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's to generic to have complex examples, but you really can test
> everything without writing data in files, and it's not really relevant to
> test if data are really written as it's the same as testing if there's no
> errors in python "open" implementation. I think we can trust python
> developpers for that ;)

No, it's not just testing that open() works correctly, it's also testing
that it's being called correctly in a real* live system. You seem to be
advocating against functional tests as a concept?

*certainly more real than a system involving mocking open() in a unit test.

--
Matt Wheeler
http://funkyh.at