[TIP] Can coverage.py be used to collect coverage data for Functional or integration tests?

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Wed Mar 1 23:47:35 PST 2017

* Rachit Sinha <rachit.sinha at nutanix.com> [2017-03-02 07:34:15 +0000]:
> Any information on this? My project is stuck because of the
> unavailability of a suitable Python code coverage tool for my
> requirement.

What you want (collecting coverage without cooperation from the
process running the tests) doesn't seem possible to me.

How would the coverage "agent" collect coverage from the process under
test? How would it know what Python lines that has executed?

Also, why can't you generate coverage via coverage.py in your test
framework?

Florian