[TIP] [tox-dev] logo drafts for tox! (comments welcome)

Dave Hunt dhunt at mozilla.com
Mon Jun 5 07:03:41 PDT 2017

1-4 and 14-17 remind me of a railway crossing warning/stop sign such as: https://www.nzta.govt.nz/assets/resources/roadcode/gfx/railway-cross-stop-sign.gif <https://www.nzta.govt.nz/assets/resources/roadcode/gfx/railway-cross-stop-sign.gif>

If I had to pick a favourite I’d be tempted to say 23, however I like it when logos are more subtle such as the smile and a->z hidden in Amazon’s logo or the use of negative space in FedEx to create an arrow.

I like the styles of 28-33, and would like to throw in the suggestion of combining these to mostly hide the letters by overlaying them. The effect to me creates a little character, and using the grey almost makes it feel robotic. Of course, the single ‘eye' should be green to indicate a passing test. Here’s my rather crude mockup of what I’m suggesting, which is even suitable dimensions for a favicon, and could be used the a word mark to make it clear that it’s Tox:

Just a thought :)

Cheers,
Dave