[TIP] mocking a file in /proc

Johan Olsen ulf.johan.olsen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 06:08:13 PST 2017

Hello,

I would solve this by running my program in a chroot environment in some
way. Chroot is used to change the apparent root directory for some running
process and its children. You can then set up a mock /proc under e.g.
/tmp/mock, and run your tests with chroot under pretense that /tmp/mock is
your actual root folder. From python you can do this with os.chroot.

Regards,
Johan Olsén