[TIP] Running Coverage.py with Production load and getting the report every hour

Ankit Chopra ankitschopra at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 01:04:54 PST 2017

Hi All,

We want to run coverage.py in our production application. We want to
discover the obsolete code and see the report with actual production load.

I have played with coverage.py tool and have seen that it creates the
report after execution/termination and till that time it keeps everything
in memory.

Is there a way I can configure it to dump the report at regular interval
like every hour or daily without stopping my application. and Later on I
can merge and create a consolidated report.

Thanks,
Ankit Chopra
Site Reliability Engineer.