[TIP] pytest 3.0.2 released

Bruno Oliveira nicoddemus at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 08:20:00 PDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 4:39 AM holger krekel <holger at merlinux.eu> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 02, 2016 at 00:11 -0700, Chris Jerdonek wrote:
> > Hi Bruno, is it necessary to announce every release of pytest to the
> > TIP list? My understanding was that this list is for discussion rather
> > than announcements, and not everyone on the list uses pytest.
>
> for several years pytest releases have been announced here but especially
> with many bug fix releases it's getting a bit much, addmittedly.  How about
> just announcing non-bug fix releases?  They happen typically half-yearly or
> so.

Hey Cris,

Thanks for the feedback!

Like Holger's said, we will only announce non-bug fixes from now on, I
agree it makes sense.

While we are at it, I would just like to comment that we're having more
frequent bug fix releases not because we are having more bugs reported
specially, but because we're striving to have a more streamlined release
process so we can ship bug fixes more frequently.

Cheers,
Bruno.