[TIP] Which unittest extensions are very important in current test practices?

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Mon May 16 03:09:24 PDT 2016

Hi Matěj,

> Apparently, the author of pycotap never seen my
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/bayeux (tapestry -> Bayeux)

Thanks for pointing Bayeux out to me! I looked at a lot of
libraries when I created pycotap, not sure if i saw Bayeux.

Looking at it now, it doesn't seem to solve any of the
requirements I had, though :( (no external dependencies,
captures test output, configurable diagnostic output), so
I may have dismissed it at the time. That doesn't leave
much common for both projects.

> doesn't use proper YAMLish parser/producer (just prints it,
> bayeux uses my other project YAMLish

The YAML output is so minimal, I didn't see any benefits to
use a full-blown YAML generator as external dependency.
My YAML output should also be well tested (and I have much
less to test in that area), but that doesn't mean I haven't
missed something.

thanks!
Remko