[TIP] New Trove Classifier: "Framework :: Pytest"

Bruno Oliveira nicoddemus at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 03:51:29 PDT 2016

Hi all,

A new Trove Classifier "Framework :: Pytest" has been added to PyPI[1]
following a request I made some time ago[2].

With this users have another way to search for pytest plugins besides
searching only for projects with "pytest-" prefix, which is great!

Later on today I will update the official docs to mention this and update
plugincompat[3] to also use this classifier to find plugins.

I recommend all plugin authors to include this classifier in your
``setup.py`` and publish the change to PyPI. For those who don't know, you
don't need to publish a new release to update the PyPI project page, you
can just add the classifier to ``setup.py`` and execute ``python setup.py
register``. :)

Cheers,

[1] https://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=list_classifiers
[2] https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/542