[TIP] Identifying slowest py.test fixtures

André Caron andre.l.caron at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 12:20:26 PDT 2016

@Bruno: thanks, that's really enlightening!  In hindsight, this is rather
obvious.  Still getting the hang of this :-)

I'll see if I can play around with a development build to flesh out my
plug-in so that I can roll it out on my projects as soon as the 3.0 release
is out.

@René: pytest-profiling does that and it is quite an interesting
suggestion, at least as a temporay workaround.  However, my experience with
function-level profiling is that it gives too much detail for this use
case: you have to track down the fixture functions yourself and mentally
remove all the noise in the graph to get a clear picture of where time is
spent.  This is useful for a one-off analysis to perform a kind of "blitz",
but I'd like a simplified text report I can show on each build so that I
routinely take a quick look at the data.

André