[TIP] [ANN] gajja 0.1: Fake objects for real tests

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Jan 28 23:17:47 PST 2016

Howdy all,

I am pleased to announce the first release of the testing library I've
named Gajja <URL:https://pypi.python.org/pypi/gajja/>.

Its purpose is to allow fine-grained control of not only file content,
but metadata and system access behaviour, for in-memory test doubles.

Currently it provides classes of test doubles for filesystem entries and
subprocesses; and a framework for hooking them into individual test
cases or test case classes.

Each wrapped system interface will respond specifically for the
identifier (filesystem path, or subprocess command line) of that
specific double. Any other call to the same system interface will be
passed through to the real function; only access to the test double
should behave differently.

At the moment the documentation consists of a ‘doc/tutorial.txt’ giving
a worked example of doubling a filesystem entry to report the test
double's file size from `os.stat` (and not affect `os.stat` for any
other file).

Please contact me at <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> if you have feedback
on this, or report an issue at the project's homepage
<URL:https://notabug.org/bignose/python-gajja>.

--
 \     “Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our |
  `\   inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter |