[TIP] pytest 2.8.6 released

Bruno Oliveira nicoddemus at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 11:56:34 PST 2016

Hey everyone,

I'm happy to announce pytest 2.8.6 has been released.

pytest is a widely used mature test runner both for unit and functional
tests in Python.
See http://pytest.org for documentation and examples.

Here are the fixes for this release:

- fix #1259: allow for double nodeids in junitxml,
  this was a regression failing plugins combinations
  like pytest-pep8 + pytest-flakes

- Workaround for exception that occurs in pyreadline when using
  ``--pdb`` with standard I/O capture enabled.
  Thanks Erik M. Bray for the PR.

- fix #900: Better error message in case the target of a ``monkeypatch``
call
  raises an ``ImportError``.

- fix #1292: monkeypatch calls (setattr, setenv, etc.) are now O(1).
  Thanks David R. MacIver for the report and Bruno Oliveira for the PR.

- fix #1223: captured stdout and stderr are now properly displayed before
  entering pdb when ``--pdb`` is used instead of being thrown away.
  Thanks Cal Leeming for the PR.

- fix #1305: pytest warnings emitted during ``pytest_terminal_summary`` are
now
  properly displayed.
  Thanks Ionel Maries Cristian for the report and Bruno Oliveira for the PR.

- fix #628: fixed internal UnicodeDecodeError when doctests contain unicode.
  Thanks Jason R. Coombs for the report and Bruno Oliveira for the PR.

- fix #1334: Add captured stdout to jUnit XML report on setup error.
  Thanks Georgy Dyuldin for the PR.

Thanks to all who contributed to this release, among them:

    AMiT Kumar
    Bruno Oliveira
    Erik M. Bray
    Florian Bruhin
    Georgy Dyuldin
    Jeff Widman
    Kartik Singhal
    Loïc Estève
    Manu Phatak
    Peter Demin
    Rick van Hattem
    Ronny Pfannschmidt
    Ulrich Petri
    foxx

Thanks for using pytest, enjoy the new release!

Cheers,
Bruno.