[TIP] Bug when testing nested virtual environments under Tox

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Sun Jan 17 21:23:49 PST 2016

* André Caron <andre.l.caron at gmail.com> [2016-01-17 23:34:49 -0500]:
> Yup, adding "virtualenv==13.1.2" in my "deps" section and using "python -m
> virtualenv" instead of "python -m venv" fixes it...
>
> While totally understandable, this is rather surprising: I would have
> expected the official venv implementation to be based on the popular
> virtualenv package.

This still sounds a bug in either virtualenv or venv to me. I'm not
sure which one ;)

> I'm trying to stick to the now standard package since I'm only targetting
> Python 3.5+ anyways, but I can't use it when I use Tox to test my package.

FWIW, I had various other trouble with the stdlib venv, mainly because
Debian/Ubuntu patch it and break things in the process.

Not sure if it's better nowadays, but I ended up using virtualenv
instead which worked better for me.

Florian