[TIP] nose test generators under py.test

Fred Drake fred at fdrake.net
Thu Feb 25 13:18:35 PST 2016

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 4:04 PM, Bruno Oliveira <nicoddemus at gmail.com> wrote:
> I see, but that TestCase-derived test class was being created by a
> generator-style test, right? Unfortunately generator-style tests in py.test
> have some edge cases, and it has been said that there's no plans to improve
> on that area because generator-style tests have been supplanted by
> parametrized tests[1].

That's correct.

After years of living in a zope.testrunner - only environment, I'm
trying out some of
the other options.  While there are some nice tools out there, I find
I'd like something
simpler than most of them (not that zope.testrunner was simple!), but
I really don't
want to invent something new.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fred at fdrake.net>
"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein