[TIP] tox running as python3 instead of env

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Sun Feb 21 22:58:05 PST 2016

Hi Aaron,

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 21:51 +0000, Aaron Whitehouse wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm struggling to debug an issue.
>
> I have a project with a tox.ini of http://pastebin.com/djvdMnb2
> (it's duplicity, if you need more context
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~duplicity-team/duplicity/0.7-series/files )
>
> When I try to run "tox" in the folder, I get an error:
>
> ==
> $ tox
> GLOB sdist-make: /home/aaron/Programming/duplicity/test4/setup.py
> ERROR: invocation failed (exit code 1), logfile:
> /home/aaron/Programming/duplicity/test4/.tox/log/tox-0.log
> ERROR: actionid: tox
> msg: packaging
> cmdargs: ['/usr/bin/python3m',
> local('/home/aaron/Programming/duplicity/test4/setup.py'), 'sdist',
> '--formats=zip', '--dist-dir',
> local('/home/aaron/Programming/duplicity/test4/.tox/dist')]
> env: None
>
> Sorry, duplicity requires version 2.6 or 2.7 of python.

The "sdist-make" step is run with the tox-invoking environment's Python
interpreter so in your case python3 i guess.  There is currently no way
to configure this differently.  You need to make sure  you are running
tox installed with a python2.7.

holger

about me:    http://holgerkrekel.net/about-me/
contracting: http://merlinux.eu