[TIP] Getting covered lines using python-coverage

ThanhVu (Vu) Nguyen nguyenthanhvuh at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 12:10:42 PST 2016

Hi Ned, thanks for the quick reply.   I am using your tool for my research,
which tries to determine how different program runs produce different
coverage (e.g., when a program runs with option -a  it covers line 1,2  ,
and when runs with option -b it covers line 1,4).  Thus I want to get the
covered lines.

Yes I realize the xml file does include those information but I would have
to parse it.  So I thought if python-coverage already has something that
can output those then I don't have to parse the xml file.

I do use the --pylib (more specifically I have cover_pylib = True in the
.coveragerc). It does capture the coverage for stdlib files as expected,
and python-coverage report works fine. However the annotate command doesn't
seem to write the filename,cover files corresponding to the stdlib files.

Vu