[TIP] Getting covered lines using python-coverage

ThanhVu (Vu) Nguyen nguyenthanhvuh at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 11:43:23 PST 2016

Hi, I am wondering how to get the covered lines using python-coverage ?
Running python-coverage report -m  gives you the uncovered/missed lines.
 is there a similar option that gives the covered lines ?

Currently to get the covered lines I use python-coverage annotate and go
through each of the filename,cover  source file and parse for those with
prefix ">"  .   But this method of using annotate doesn't work for standard
library, it generates no filename,cover files.   Is this a known issue ?
any work around ?

Thanks,

Vu