[TIP] py.test deprecating yield tests

Randy Syring randy at thesyrings.us
Wed Dec 7 12:32:12 PST 2016

I recently received a bunch of warnings that py.test is deprecating
yield tests.  I found this PR:

https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/pull/1714

But there is no real commentary there about why they are being removed
(other than they are "problematic") and what should be done to replace
them.  I'm not really sure if this is problem for us or not, I'm
currently going to just call the methods myself instead of yielding
them.  But wondered if there was anyone else who has further insight
into this decision who can comment.

Thanks.

*Randy Syring*
Husband | Father | Redeemed Sinner

/"For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world
and forfeit his soul?" (Mark 8:36 ESV)/