[TIP] pytest-2.8.1: fixes and more fixes
holger at merlinux.eu
Tue Sep 29 06:41:35 PDT 2015
Just 11 days after 2.8 hit PyPI we published pytest-2.8.1 which fixes a
host of regressions and bugs, see the changelog excerpt below. Docs are
also freshly generated at http://pytest.org including a streamlined PDF.
Note that the pytest team now follows more SEMVER style versioning
which currently means that you can expect bugfixes with 2.8.X and new
features with 2.9.0 and planned incompatibilities with 3.0.
Many thanks to the PR contributors and mergers of 2.8.1:
- fix #1034: Add missing nodeid on pytest_logwarning call in
addhook. Thanks Simon Gomizelj for the PR.
- 'deprecated_call' is now only satisfied with a DeprecationWarning or
PendingDeprecationWarning. Before 2.8.0, it accepted any warning, and 2.8.0
made it accept only DeprecationWarning (but not PendingDeprecationWarning).
Thanks Alex Gaynor for the issue and Eric Hunsberger for the PR.
- fix issue #1073: avoid calling __getattr__ on potential plugin objects.
This fixes an incompatibility with pytest-django. Thanks Andreas Pelme,
Bruno Oliveira and Ronny Pfannschmidt for contributing and Holger Krekel
for the fix.
- Fix issue #704: handle versionconflict during plugin loading more
gracefully. Thanks Bruno Oliveira for the PR.
- Fix issue #1064: ""--junitxml" regression when used with the
"pytest-xdist" plugin, with test reports being assigned to the wrong tests.
Thanks Daniel Grunwald for the report and Bruno Oliveira for the PR.
- (experimental) adapt more SEMVER style versioning and change meaning of
master branch in git repo: "master" branch now keeps the bugfixes, changes
aimed for micro releases. "features" branch will only be be released
with minor or major pytest releases.
- Fix issue #766 by removing documentation references to distutils.
Thanks Russel Winder.
- Fix issue #1030: now byte-strings are escaped to produce item node ids
to make them always serializable.
Thanks Andy Freeland for the report and Bruno Oliveira for the PR.
- Python 2: if unicode parametrized values are convertible to ascii, their
ascii representation is used for the node id.
- Fix issue #411: Add __eq__ method to assertion comparison example.
Thanks Ben Webb.
- fix issue 877: properly handle assertion explanations with non-ascii repr
Thanks Mathieu Agopian for the report and Ronny Pfannschmidt for the PR.
- fix issue 1029: transform errors when writing cache values into pytest-warnings
More information about the testing-in-python