[TIP] So many Hypothesis release announcements, but in particular 1.12.0

David MacIver david at drmaciver.com
Wed Oct 21 01:52:09 PDT 2015

So apparently I should have been posting release announcements for
Hypothesis versions to this list and have been failing to do so. Sorry
about that!

For those just joining us, Hypothesis (https://hypothesis.readthedocs.org)
is a library for creating unit tests parametrized by random sources of data
matching some specification. It's originally inspired by the testing
library "QuickCheck", but has come a long way since then and is really its
own thing at this point.

Anyway, Hypothesis has seen a *lot* of releases since I announced the 1.0
here earlier this year (only 5 months ago really). 12 minor version bumps
and a lot of patch releases. I'll let the change log speak for itself (
https://hypothesis.readthedocs.org/en/latest/changes.html), but in
particular highlights include:

* A vastly more mature and comprehensive data generation API
* Much more support for exploratory and interactive usage
* State machine based testing for generating random programs using your API
* A lot of stability and performance improvements

If you haven't already given Hypothesis a try, now is a great time to check
it out.

David