[TIP] pytest-2.8.3 released - bug fixes
opensource at ronnypfannschmidt.de
Thu Nov 19 12:59:20 PST 2015
i'm pleased to announce the release of
pytest-2.8.3: bug fixes
pytest is a mature Python testing tool with more than a 1100 tests
against itself, passing on many different interpreters and platforms.
This release is supposed to be drop-in compatible to 2.8.2.
See below for the changes and see docs at:
As usual, you can upgrade from pypi via::
pip install -U pytest
Thanks to all who contributed to this release, among them:
William Martin Stewart
The py.test Development Team
2.8.3 (compared to 2.8.2)
- fix #1169: add __name__ attribute to testcases in TestCaseFunction to
support the @unittest.skip decorator on functions and methods.
Thanks Lee Kamentsky for the PR.
- fix #1035: collecting tests if test module level obj has __getattr__().
Thanks Suor for the report and Bruno Oliveira / Tom Viner for the PR.
- fix #331: don't collect tests if their failure cannot be reported
e.g. they are a callable instance of a class.
- fix #1133: fixed internal error when filtering tracebacks where one entry
belongs to a file which is no longer available.
Thanks Bruno Oliveira for the PR.
- enhancement made to highlight in red the name of the failing tests so
they stand out in the output.
Thanks Gabriel Reis for the PR.
- add more talks to the documentation
- extend documentation on the --ignore cli option
- use pytest-runner for setuptools integration
- minor fixes for interaction with OS X El Capitan system integrity
protection (thanks Florian)
More information about the testing-in-python