[TIP] Testing and Distributing PyTest Fixtures

Ian Cordasco graffatcolmingov at gmail.com
Sun May 24 12:24:21 PDT 2015

Hey all,

I've been using pytest for a while with a library I wrote to help test
python-requests (betamax), and I figured it was about time I take the
fixture I wrote and push it upstream into betamax from the places I'm
currently using it. That said, I'm having a problem testing the
fixture and I'm pretty sure that the current method of distributing it
won't work.

The fixture and a stab-in-the-dark attempt at writing a test are
https://github.com/sigmavirus24/betamax/commit/858a99a262931ab8a19858594c06a05e7a8e5c5f
and I'm wondering if there are good docs for distributing fixtures.

Also, constructive criticism is very welcome.