[TIP] tox-2.0.1 with fixed wheel for py26 released

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Wed May 13 07:47:38 PDT 2015

In a message of Tue, 12 May 2015 23:41:05 -0000, holger krekel writes:
>On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 19:17 -0400, Alex Gaynor wrote:
>> Yup, that works!
>
>released 2.0.1, thanks for reporting.
>
>I am wondering btw if to drop python2.6 support sometime
>for running tox itself.  Environments could probably still use py26
>as long as pip/virtualenv are supported there.
>
>holger

Maybe you should  wait until Red Hat announces 2.7 support for CentOS, their
enterprise verison of linux?  They got 2.6 recently, so it may be a
while.  Of course, people who are using tox pretty much can be
assumed to know how to get a python2.7 onto their system without
breaking the packaging system (which is what happens on CentOS if you just
do a site-wide install of a different verision of python than the
packaging system expects) -- so it is less of an issue for tox than for,
say, docutils. I still think that life is too hard for these poor
souls already, and we should be kind to them if we can.

Laura