[TIP] tox-2.0.1 with fixed wheel for py26 released

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed May 13 07:08:39 PDT 2015

On 13 May 2015 at 13:12, Ned Batchelder <ned at nedbatchelder.com> wrote:
> If by "multiple Python minor versions on one OS" you mean my Mac laptop
> running both Python 2.6 and Python 2.7 (and 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, and pypy2,
> pypy3): IME, that is the primary use-case for tox!  Maybe we are talking
> about different things?

That's what I understood as well. I have tox installed in my Python
3.4 environment, and run it from there pretty much exclusively. But I
have Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.3 and 3.4 installed, and have toxenvs for
whichever of those are relevant to my project in tox.ini.

I know CI environments like Travis run tox multiple times, one for
each Python version (in effect python2.7 -m tox toxenv=py27; python2.6
-m tox toxenv=py26 etc), so losing the ability to run tox under Python
2.6 would hurt those environments. Maybe that's what Robert was
thinking of?

Paul