[TIP] Coverage kills python with sys.settrace(None): how to work around?

Michael McNeil Forbes michael.forbes+python at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 12:17:05 PDT 2015

This is not a coverage issue at all. Nosetests has an exit option for TestProgram() that does what I want:

Changing nose.commands.nosetests.run to have

TestProgram(argv=argv, exit=False, config=self.__config)

works as expected, and does not kill the process.

Does anyone know how to set this via some sort of programmable configuration (or why it is not the default when running python setup.py nosetests)?  I will take this over to the nose list now unless someone tells me I should keep the discussion here.

Thanks,
Michael.