[TIP] Testing a binary distribution with Tox

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Sun Jun 21 12:51:16 PDT 2015

On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 20:09 -0400, André Caron wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> Thanks for replying!
>
> Maybe I' just still new to this thing, but isn't "usedevelop=False" the
> default configuration?  I normally don't use the "usedevelop" nor the
> "--develop" CLI option, so I guess I'm already doing this.
>
> Also, it looks like Tox uses "python setup.py sdist" to generate my
> package.  I would like for it to test -- in addition to "sdist" -- using
> "python setup.py bdist_wheel" to make sure the binary distribution is good
> to go as well.

right now, the only way to get this is to call "bdist_wheel" yourself
and then use the "--installpkg PATH_TO_WHEEL" option.  The latter
will skip the sdist packaging.

There is some interest and talk to make the packaging step configurable
but no proposed docs or PR yet.

holger

about me:    http://holgerkrekel.net/about-me/
contracting: http://merlinux.eu