[TIP] Testing a binary distribution with Tox

André Caron andre.l.caron at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 16:31:53 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm using Tox, which installs the package in the test environments using
sdist (unless running with --develop option).  This is very nice, but it's
happened that I end up with deployment errors with binary distributions.

I've been wondering how to automate the testing of my package's binary
distribtion to make sure it gives the same result as the source
distribution -- at the very least on the host system -- without actually
running the package through PyPI.

What are your recipes for doing this?

Thanks!

André