[TIP] Does anyone *need* mock update from cPython in Python 2.6?

Ian Cordasco graffatcolmingov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 06:25:32 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 2:51 AM, Robert Collins
<robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> On 9 July 2015 at 12:18, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
>> On 9 July 2015 at 06:29, Joseph Smith <yasumoto7 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> dstufft: naive question- but would you upgrade the version of mock you use?
>>> (especially considering python2.6 is (supposedly?) EOL)
>>>
>>> FWIW getting these improvements into the standalone mock package would be
>>> awesome- thanks for picking it up Robert!
>>
>> NP :).
>>
>> Its at https://github.com/testing-cabal/mock btw - i've pushed up the
>> 3.4 fix, next push will be all the backports, then doc fixes, then a
>> release.
>
> Further to that, I've just pushed 40 commits of backported joy. If
> folk wanted to give it a spin and see if the new stuff (like unsafe,
> or division, or not needing create etc etc etc) really is all that,
> that would be cool.
>
> Tomorrow will be cleanup, cleanup docs, change maintainer details and
> all that housekeeping plus a 1.1.0 release. So if there are any
> wishlist items, now is the time for them :)

I haven't had a chance to look into this but it appears that 1.1.x has
broken some tests
(http://ci.sigmavir.us/job/flake8/119/TOXENV=py27/console). You'll
notice that's on Python 2.7. I've restricted flake8's version of mock
to < 1.1.0 and it works fine. Hopefully I'll have some time to look
into this today.

Cheers,
Ian