[TIP] Does anyone *need* mock update from cPython in Python 2.6?

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Jul 8 17:18:46 PDT 2015

On 9 July 2015 at 06:29, Joseph Smith <yasumoto7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> dstufft: naive question- but would you upgrade the version of mock you use?
> (especially considering python2.6 is (supposedly?) EOL)
>
> FWIW getting these improvements into the standalone mock package would be
> awesome- thanks for picking it up Robert!

NP :).

Its at https://github.com/testing-cabal/mock btw - i've pushed up the
3.4 fix, next push will be all the backports, then doc fixes, then a
release.

@Donald, @Ian : the question isn't 'will there be a mock available for
2.6', its 'do you need a mock that *changes* for 2.6' ?

E.g. you could just use markers to split out mock like so:
mock<1.1 ; python_version=='2.6'
mock ; python_version!='2.6'

I think I'm going to go forward with raising the minimum *tested*
version for 1.1 and above to 2.7: I won't deliberate break compat, but
I'm going to not know if I break compat either. I will document
clearly that this is the case.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>