[TIP] Devpi "latest" feature

Tom Viner tom at viner.tv
Thu Jan 29 03:17:57 PST 2015

Hi,

I found a great (undocumented) feature in devpi of giving you a link to
your latest documentation for a package, e.g.:

http://devpi.local/user/index/package/latest/+d/index.html

Is there a similar link for the package itself? This didn't work:

http://devpi.local/user/index/package/latest

i.e. replacing "0.3.17" with "latest" from the specific package link:

http://devpi.local/user/index/package/0.3.17

I was looking through the devpi codebase and my devpi server file system,
and saw that whereas all the versioned docs folders are on disk (e.g.
~/.devpi/serverdir-2.1.3/user/index/package/0.3.17/+doc), the "latest"
folder isn't, so it must be routed through a pyramid view somewhere. Just
out of curiosity, can anyone point me to where that is in the devpi
codebase?

But as I say, the main question is about the existence of a "latest"
package page itself, or if this is a desired feature?

Thanks,
Tom