[TIP] setup.py: dependency_links = local devpi server

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Sat Jan 10 05:45:43 PST 2015

On Fri, Jan 09, 2015 at 06:09:54PM +0000, Tom Viner wrote:
> Ok, thanks Donald. So a simple list comprehension does the job:
>
> from setuptools import setup
> > install_requires = [
> >         'openpyxl-wrapper',
> >         'my_other_package',
> >         'a_third_package',
> > ]
> > dependency_links = [
> >         'http://pypi.local/user/index/+simple/{}'.format(package)
> >         for package in install_requires
> >     ]
> > setup(
> >     name='dep_links',
> >     dependency_links=dependency_links,
> >     install_requires=install_requires
> > )
>

> And we can keep just our testing requirement in our tox.ini!

You could also tell tox to use your local index server with
http://tox.readthedocs.org/en/latest/config.html#confval-indexserver

Marius Gedminas
--
Moore's Law, I need hardly remind a top-notch industry professional like you,
states that as the density of silicon circuitry doubles, the probability of you