[TIP] dynamically create tests with unittest

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Feb 26 11:32:15 PST 2015

Malini Kamalambal <malini.kamalambal at RACKSPACE.COM> writes:

> Rewriting Ben's example with ddt would looks something like below.

That has lost some important features from my example:

* You have only one piece of data per scenario, and it appears to be
  un-used in the test case functions.

* There seems to be no allowance for multiple values defining a
  scenario.

* The scenarios have lost their names and so presumably can't be
  distinguished in the test run.

Can you try again, keeping the above features from my example?
Otherwise, it seems DDT isn't as good.

--
 \     “Buy not what you want, but what you need; what you do not need |
  `\           is expensive at a penny.” —Cato, 234–149 BCE, _Relique_ |