[TIP] Why does tox use "pip install --pre" by default?

Donald Stufft donald at stufft.io
Mon Sep 29 13:00:09 PDT 2014

On September 29, 2014 at 3:30:49 PM, Donald Stufft (donald at stufft.io) wrote:

> I’m actually working on a follow up blog post to that! Though I
> wasn’t planning on including that particular graph since I don’t
> think most people actually care, but I can at least generate it
> again.
>

> I’m hesitant to share this here because it’s part of an in draft
> blog post and I haven’t actually verified the stuff that’s generating
> it to make sure my math and the code is correct, however here is
> the numbers filtered down to just pip: http://d.stufft.io/image/321U2U3r1g3t.
> This does not attempt to include setuptools in any way.

So because it was easy to do I went ahead and created a graph for the
installers themselves. Again this is rough draft stuff that I haven't had the
time to check etc etc so take it with the assumption that it may be wrong, but
I created a graph of which things are downloading releases from PyPI over time
as well - http://d.stufft.io/image/2Z0Y3X0Y1T1j.

---
Donald Stufft