[TIP] Why does tox use "pip install --pre" by default?

Randy Syring randy at thesyrings.us
Mon Sep 29 06:57:47 PDT 2014

On 09/29/2014 04:46 AM, Laura Creighton wrote:
> This is true, but I think that 'people who know they want a beta version
> of a release' are guaranteed to be less naive than 'people who are unaware
> that beta versions of releases even exist, and who are also unaware that
> it is something that they need to think about'.

FWIW, I'm in agreement with the above. I'm proficient and experienced in
Python, but by default, I would have /assumed/ tox does what `pip
install` does.  That is, no '--pre' by default.

I do know that dev releases exist and I was aware --pre, I just wouldn't
have thought it would be used by default.

My $0.02.

*Randy Syring*
Husband | Father | Redeemed Sinner

/"For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world
and forfeit his soul?" (Mark 8:36 ESV)/