[TIP] pytest-2.6.4: bugfix release
holger at merlinux.eu
Fri Oct 24 08:20:03 PDT 2014
just pushed pytest-2.6.4 to pypi, a small bug fix release. pytest is a
popular and mature Python testing tool with more than a 1100 tests
against itself, passing on many different interpreters and platforms.
This release is drop-in compatible to 2.5.2 and 2.6.X. See below for
the changes and see docs at:
Thanks to all who contributed, among them:
holger krekel, merlinux GmbH
- Improve assertion failure reporting on iterables, by using ndiff and pprint.
- removed outdated japanese docs from source tree.
- docs for "pytest_addhooks" hook. Thanks Bruno Oliveira.
- updated plugin index docs. Thanks Bruno Oliveira.
- fix issue557: with "-k" we only allow the old style "-" for negation
at the beginning of strings and even that is deprecated. Use "not" instead.
This should allow to pick parametrized tests where "-" appeared in the parameter.
- fix issue604: Escape % character in the assertion message.
- fix issue620: add explanation in the --genscript target about what
the binary blob means. Thanks Dinu Gherman.
- fix issue614: fixed pastebin support.
More information about the testing-in-python