[TIP] suggestion to change tox's --pre defaults

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 07:56:44 PDT 2014

On 21 October 2014 15:50, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:
> I think you can use python -m pip.__main__ on 2.6

It sounds like this is going to get complicated very fast. It's also
worth noting that this is only an issue on Windows as Unix can update
a running script.

So I withdraw my suggestion. Pip has a custom install command in its
tox.ini (although it doesn't do the "python -m pip.__main__"
incantation) so there's no specific need for the change any more. It
might be worth revisiting when 2.6 support is no longer needed (at
that point "python -m pip" is an easy to explain default...)

Paul