[TIP] suggestion to change tox's --pre defaults

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 07:48:03 PDT 2014

On 21 October 2014 15:39, holger krekel <holger at merlinux.eu> wrote:
> makes sense i think.  I just merged Carl's PR.
> Could you do a PR changing to "python -m pip"?
> I presume this works on python2.6 as well.

I'll see what I can do. Sadly, I discovered that -m for packages
doesn't work on 2.6, *after* posting the original email. Would it be
OK to use "python -m pip" for 2.7+ and "pip" for 2.6? Is that even
possible? (I haven't checked the code yet).

If that's getting too complicated, maybe leaving it as using pip and
having projects that need it just override the default, is better.
(The only case I've hit it is with pip itself, which is obviously a
bit of a special case :-))

Paul