[TIP] suggestion to change tox's --pre defaults

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 07:25:32 PDT 2014

On 7 October 2014 00:52, Carl Meyer <carl at oddbird.net> wrote:
>> If everybody is fine with that and Carl still offers to write
>> a little PR implementing it, I'd be glad to review and incorporate it.
>
> https://bitbucket.org/hpk42/tox/pull-request/123/add-pre-and-testenv-pip_pre-options-no-pre/diff

Would it be possible to also change the install command to use "python
-m pip" rather than "pip"? On Windows, if the install upgrades pip,
that will attempt to replace the running pip.exe wrapper, which will
then fail because it's in use by the OS. Using "python -m pip" avoids
this issue and is portable. It's a minor point, but it saves a hard to
diagnose error (it took me a while to work out what was going on, and
I am very familiar with this issue!!!)

Paul