[TIP] Data file not generated with coverage results

Hemil Chhatbar (hemil) hemil at cisco.com
Wed Mar 5 00:18:41 PST 2014

I have .pth file in /usr/lib/python/site-package directory

The environment variable COVERAGE_PROCESS_START  is pointing to the config file .
The config file is well defined.

I run my install program which has python scripts .
After the installed is complete I check on test server but I cannot find .coverage file.

Is there anything that seems to be missing ?

Do I need to still change any of python source files to include any coverage related code.
I thought that the above process of adding .pth file and changing the environment variable will set python
To automatically do code coverage.

Thanks in advance