[TIP] Disable keyboard shortcuts in html coverage reports?

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Mon Mar 3 03:38:18 PST 2014

On 3/2/14 10:32 PM, Ben Finney wrote:
> Ned Batchelder <ned at nedbatchelder.com> writes:
>
>> On 3/2/14 4:37 PM, Thomi Richards wrote:
>>> I've managed to track the problem down to the 'jquery.hotkeys.js'
>>> file. In Precise this is version '0.8', in trusty it's '0.8+'. […]
>> This sounds like the problem is not in coverage.py at all, but in the
>> jquery.hotkeys.js file it depends on? Perhaps Trusty shouldn't take a
>> new version, or you can get in touch with the developer?
> Ideally, you as the author of a library depending on
> “jquery.hotkeys.js”, should communicate with the author of that library
> to make sure newer versions continue to work with your dependent code.
>
> If there are changes in the library (and changes so small they
> apparently don't warrant an increase in the version string) that cause
> dependent code to break, the library code and/or the dependent code
> needs to be fixed.
>
> Do you agree?

Actually, as you know, I was in favor of having my own copy of these
tiny jQuery libraries that I needed to make coverage.py work. You were
in favor of applying the Debian philosophy of making everything a
separate library, no matter how finely sliced.  The theory was that I
could automatically get fixes.  Now I've automatically gotten bugs.  I
had a package that worked.  Debian has a package that does not.  Now I
have to chase down the author?  :(

Who made the decision to upgrade the package in Debian?

--Ned.