[TIP] running unittests on multiple OS, including non-Posix

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Mon Mar 3 01:52:59 PST 2014

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 12:56:45PM -0800, Albert-Jan Roskam wrote:
> I would like to run my unittests (--> nose) on multiple
> platforms. I also would like to test different python versions and
> implementations on each platform (--> tox [2]). These platforms also
> include Windows, so Travis CI or Docker is not an option, AFAIK.

I run Jenkins (master on Linux, one slave on Windows) that has two jobs
for each project: one restricted to Linux and one restricted to Windows.
The jobs themselves run tox to test multiple Python versions.

It was a bit of a hassle to set up (Java doesn't like startssl.com
certificates out of the box), but works quite well.

Marius Gedminas
--
In modern best-practices Java it is no longer necessary or even possible to
write big piles of gratuitous OO spaghetti. Today, experienced Java programmers