[TIP] Disable keyboard shortcuts in html coverage reports?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Mar 2 19:32:15 PST 2014

Ned Batchelder <ned at nedbatchelder.com> writes:

> On 3/2/14 4:37 PM, Thomi Richards wrote:
> > I've managed to track the problem down to the 'jquery.hotkeys.js'
> > file. In Precise this is version '0.8', in trusty it's '0.8+'. […]

> This sounds like the problem is not in coverage.py at all, but in the
> jquery.hotkeys.js file it depends on? Perhaps Trusty shouldn't take a
> new version, or you can get in touch with the developer?

Ideally, you as the author of a library depending on
“jquery.hotkeys.js”, should communicate with the author of that library
to make sure newer versions continue to work with your dependent code.

If there are changes in the library (and changes so small they
apparently don't warrant an increase in the version string) that cause
dependent code to break, the library code and/or the dependent code
needs to be fixed.

Do you agree?

--
 \        “During my service in the United States Congress, I took the |
  `\                    initiative in creating the Internet.” —Al Gore |