[TIP] A quick guide to testing (for the khmer project)

Terry Peppers peppers at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 08:56:12 PDT 2014

The only thing I would add in the section about adding tests for new code
is whether or not you give a darn about the type of test itself. Being
ignorant to khmer - and really to much of what you do Dr. Brown - would it
make a different to contributors to understand the differences between a
unit test and say an integration test. Again YMMV with terminology and
usage, but what atomic type of test should someone add if they've added
something new? Unit only? What if that new code touches some other part of
the system, should there be a unit and integration approach.

I have no idea.

It's almost like you say what I just said in your three steps, but I prefer
a more explicit approach and definition to the problem.

My $.02.

- t.