[TIP] Make py.test output more like nose?

Randy Syring randy at thesyrings.us
Tue Jul 22 12:33:26 PDT 2014

Marcin,

I have some problems running nose on Windows.  I've filed a bug report,
but it's been a long time and no movement.  I don't have time to
troubleshoot why it's not working, so py.test seems like another option.

Some projects are specific to one test runner or another due to custom
setup/hooks/plugins needed.  I figured it would be good to learn both of
them.

Also, I did figure it out eventually.  --tb=native is what I want.  I
then set that in a configuration file in my home directory:

http://pytest.org/latest/customize.html#adding-default-options

Cheers.

*Randy Syring*
Husband | Father | Redeemed Sinner

/"For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world
and forfeit his soul?" (Mark 8:36 ESV)/