[TIP] Inclusive Coverage Report Question

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Thu Jul 3 06:54:12 PDT 2014

On 7/2/14 6:10 PM, Drew Michel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just starting to write unit tests for my project and I'm very excited.
>
> When I use vanilla nose with --cover-inclusive I'm able to see the
> parts of my code I haven't written unit tests for, i.e.
> http://pastebin.com/KSqje8qN
>
> When I use coverage + tox, I'm unable to find a combination that works
> together. Is there anyway to get this behavior?
>
> Here is my config http://pastebin.com/9zVahiJE

Looks like you are already using coverage to run the tests, which is
good.  In this case, you don't need to use the nose --with-coverage
flags at all.  You want the coverage.py --source flag, which tells
coverage where the root of your source tree is, and lets it find files
that are completely uncovered.

--Ned.