[TIP] ImportError (No module named 'pytest') - weird coverage and py interaction as a result of tox dependency

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Jul 3 01:30:43 PDT 2014

Hi All,

So, with:

nosetests --with-xunit --with-cov

...I get the following failures on Python 3.* in Linux and Mac:

ERROR: Failure: ImportError (No module named 'pytest')

Full and nasty traceback here:

http://jenkins.simplistix.co.uk/job/testfixtures-virtualenv/PYTHON=3.4,label=linux/333/testReport/junit/nose.failure/Failure/runTest/

The weird thing is that if I drop the --with-cov, things work fine.

Has anyone seen anything similar?

None of the packages involved seem to have changed recently, so I'm a
little at a loss as to what has changed.

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk