[TIP] pytest-2.5.2: fixes, plugin index, contribution guide
holger at merlinux.eu
Wed Jan 29 05:11:34 PST 2014
pytest-2.5.2: fixes, plugin page, contribution guide
pytest is a mature Python testing tool with more than a 1000 tests
against itself, passing on many different interpreters and platforms.
The 2.5.2 release fixes a few bugs with two maybe-bugs remaining and
actively being worked on (and waiting for the bug reporter's input).
We also have a new contribution guide thanks to Piotr Banaszkiewicz
and an improved 3rd party plugin overview (including py2/py3 tests)
page thanks to Bruno Oliveira.
See docs at:
As usual, you can upgrade from pypi via::
pip install -U pytest
Thanks to the following people who contributed to this release:
- fix issue409 -- better interoperate with cx_freeze by not
trying to import from collections.abc which causes problems
for py27/cx_freeze. Thanks Wolfgang L. for reporting and tracking it down.
- fixed docs and code to use "pytest" instead of "py.test" almost everywhere.
Thanks Jurko Gospodnetic for the complete PR.
- fix issue425: mention at end of "py.test -h" that --markers
and --fixtures work according to specified test path (or current dir)
- fix issue413: exceptions with unicode attributes are now printed
correctly also on python2 and with pytest-xdist runs. (the fix
- copy, cleanup and integrate py.io capture
from pylib 1.4.20.dev2 (rev 13d9af95547e)
- address issue416: clarify docs as to conftest.py loading semantics
- fix issue429: comparing byte strings with non-ascii chars in assert
expressions now work better. Thanks Floris Bruynooghe.
- make capfd/capsys.capture private, its unused and shouldnt be exposed
More information about the testing-in-python