[TIP] virtualenv 1.11 causes tox to fail while installing dependencies on Windows 7

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Tue Jan 14 04:09:36 PST 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 12:01 +0000, Paul Moore wrote:
> On 14 January 2014 11:52, Marius Gedminas <marius at gedmin.as> wrote:
> > I think Chris filed https://github.com/pypa/virtualenv/issues/539 about
> > the same issue -- I still don't know if it's a tox bug, or a virtualenv
> > bug.
>
> Looks like a tox issue - see my comment on
> https://github.com/pypa/virtualenv/issues/539

tox doesn't look for "pip-script.exe".  It looks for "pip.exe" in PATH,
including the virtualenv's script dir on windows.  I can't spend much time
to look into the issue this week but can hopefully try it next week.
It's all quite confusing with the versions and upgrade issues ATM.

But Marius, Paul: to be sure i got it correctly: you are using tox-1.7.0.dev1
and virtualenv-1.11 and pip-1.5 on your Jenkins/Windows server, right?
And it works without jenkins and fails with it?

best,

holger