[TIP] new leadership needed for nose/2

jason pellerin jpellerin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 07:24:34 PST 2014

Hi all,

You may know me as the guy who started nose and once in a talk at pycon
called it budweiser to py.tests's champagne. :)

Over the past few years my time for work on nose/2 has dwindled to
effectively nothing, and it has become painfully clear from watching the
projects on github accumulate unreviewed patches that nose and nose2 need
new leadership -- a person or group of people with time and interest and
knowledge of the code base (or willingness to learn it), and the ability to
nurture community and respond to pull requests in a timely fashion.

I would personally be especially happy to have some folks underrepresented
in OSS leadership as some of those people or in that group.

I'll be around to mentor and guide and ruthlessly quash new ideas... I
mean, I'll always be accessible by email (though often not very quickly)
and available for consultation and stuff, but as I said it's clear that I
am no longer fulfilling the duties of grand poobah effectively.

Help?

Thanks,

JP